Hardwood floors are wildly popular, and for good reason. Here is a short list of the top ten reasons everyone should get a hardwood floor.
1. Easier to clean. Hardwood floors are incredibly easy to clean. Rather than having to get out the stain removal and the vacuum cleaner, and run the cord all over the place, with a hardwood floor, all you have to do is sweep. And if you spill something on the floor, just grab a towel and wipe it up, and it is as good as new.
2. Aesthetics. Carpets are nice from time to time, but overall, hardwood floors just look better. Light shines off of them, and they give your home a more distinguished look. Over time, the difference between the look of a carpet and the look of a hardwood floor gets even more pronounced. Carpets wear down and accumulate stains, while hardwood floors keep looking great for years and years.
3. Value. It could be simply that the demand for hardwood floors is higher, but they are more valuable than other types of floors. Installing a hardwood floor is one of the quickest and simplest ways to increase the value of your home.
4. Longer lifetime. Hardwood floors last longer than other types of floors. They are easier to maintain, and if there are any problems you can simply refinish them. Carpet, on the other hand, has to be removed and replaced every few years. That is not the case with hardwood floors.
5. Easy to refinish. If your hardwood floor starts to look worn or accumulates several nicks, you can simply refinish the wood and it will look good as new. One such hardwood floor refinishing company in Denver is T&G Flooring. Companies like T&G Flooring will refinish the wood and get it looking like it did on the first day.
6. More environmentally friendly in the long term. As was stated above, carpets have to be replaced over time. This means that a brand new carpet has to be installed. Over time, this is incredibly wasteful. Hardwood floors don’t need to be replaced nearly as often, and they can be refinished rather than replaced when they aren’t looking great. Also, you can use reclaimed wood for you floor, which means that you are basically using recycled wood.
7. Don’t attract smells. Carpets attract smells, and over time they leave your house smelling terrible. Hardwood floors do not do this, and therefore will help to keep your house smelling great. This is especially true if you own animals.
8. Easy to alter. If you get sick of the hardwood floor that you have, you can refinish it with a different coat and entirely alter the color and texture of the floor. It is easy to do, and will give your home an entirely different feel.
9. Variety. There are countless numbers of the type of wood that a person can use for their hardwood floor. This means that you can shop until you find a wood that would look great in your home. You have options on top of options.
10. Easy to expand. If you ever want to make a room bigger, you can simply add onto the hardwood floor and make it expand to the desired size.